My life has been rather busy this past week. I know I've mentioned that a couple of times. The other day we were out a little later than normal. Jonah had fallen asleep on the way home. I gently pulled him out of the carseat. He stayed asleep on my shoulder. I carried him into his room and began the inner debate...do I change him into pajamas? Do I change his diaper? Or do I just let the sleeping baby lie? I carefully removed his shoes and sat down in the rocking chair to think through my next move.
I found myself sitting there thinking about all the things that were on my to-do list. And I decided right then to sit a while longer with my sweet sleeping baby. I was "hiding out" from the rest of my week and soaking up the precious moment with my boy.
I ended up placing him in the crib with his clothes and diaper untouched. He cried out once and then promptly went back to sleep...and slept for 10 more hours! He was one tired dude.
Jonathan and I stayed up late tackling part of that to-do list, so it was nice that Jonah slept a little late the next morning.
Good thinking! Yes, that inner debate... seems like I always make the wrong decision on that one.
ReplyDeleteSweet pic, btw!
Good reminder that those to-do lists are always gonna be around, but the sleeping babies wont. You got to both: Rocking the boy and the list! Nice!