herrence-the-pooh*Harry*that dog*Harry Pooper
It doesn't seem right for me to be typing these words.
This has been a tough week for our family.
Our sweet (sometimes bothersome, yes, but sweet nonetheless) dog was hit by a car last Thursday.
Jonathan had taken him running, which was something they both loved to do.
They stopped to look closer at something on the side of the road and Harry ran out just as a car came up over the hill. The driver stopped to help. He and Jonathan thought Harry might be ok. But, as Jonathan was driving to the vet clinic, he realized that was not the case.
We have been pretty somber about it. It was just so unexpected. I know we would have only loved him more if he'd lived longer and died of sickness or old age. But, I can't help but think it would have made more sense (aka, been easier to take) if we'd had a chance to adjust to the idea of him not being around. A chance to say goodbye.
We have been pretty somber about it. It was just so unexpected. I know we would have only loved him more if he'd lived longer and died of sickness or old age. But, I can't help but think it would have made more sense (aka, been easier to take) if we'd had a chance to adjust to the idea of him not being around. A chance to say goodbye.
He may have been lazy sometimes.
I mean, just look how he's sleeping here...HOW can that possibly be comfortable?
He was Jonathan's dog. Jonathan got him when he was a fresh young pup...right before Jonathan and I met, actually. They were great companions.
Harry tried my patience, but you know, I really did love him.
I am a "dog person" and as far as dogs come, Harry was top-notch.
And you KNOW Jonah loved him!!
I am really glad I have this picture.
This video was filmed in June of 2007. I just found it while looking through old files for pictures to use in the blog today. I remember I was trying out our new camera while Jonathan mowed the yard that day.



I knew Harry when Jon had just got him. He was a weird little addition to that house of men, and also a camera-test dog for me. Barely knowing me at all, he would jump on my lap or body, try to get my attention, then suddenly become uninterested in me, and just lie down and stick his nose under my arm or leg. He shed MASSIVELY on the futon I slept on, and my nights were filled with itchiness, but I didn't mind. And when it was "on", that dog was like a physics experiment, running on rocket fuel. It was the most I had ever heard Jon laugh. GREAT dog.
ReplyDeleteOh miss amy. I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteSonny,
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I loved hearing what you had to say about Harry. Your description of him is PERFECT! "that dog was like a physics experiment, running on rocket fuel." Totally made my day.