Oh dear me! I've done something. I tried to cut Jonah's hair.
Tried. See, he had this sweet little head of hair. It was just too sweet, cause it looked like it should be wearing a bow! So, I decided to help him look like a little boy! I was ever so careful. Jonathan was helping hold Jonah still and keep him occupied. So, what could be the problem?? Well, you can't hold a baby perfectly still, that's what. Just as I was evening up the back...something must have caught his attention. Probably the scissors. He jerked his head just as I closed them. Thank goodness this didn't cause me to cut him. At any rate, he's got a hack job to say the least. Poor kid! I tried to take some pictures. They don't seem to capture the true horror (ok, maybe it is all
that bad), but it is noticeable.

Can you see how it seems to slant up awkwardly in the middle? Well, look below that and you'll see a little tuft of hair where his hairline
should be! The good news here is that the girlish "bob" style has disappeared.

Now to the front. I was behind him when I cut the front. That was a bad idea! Thankfully this picture doesn't show it as bad. His "bangs" are a little short and crooked. Oh well, I can pull a "comb-over" side part move to disguise the hack job!
I know it WILL grow. I just hope it is soon. Then, maybe I'll take him to a professional. Or practice on a chia pet before I turn myself loose with scissors again!
Well I've seen him in person and it doesn't look bad at all. I do know that Hot Rod would be thrilled to give Jonah his first professional hair cut.
ReplyDeleteAmy I had to laugh so hard at this! I love that you did this! It will be a story you can tell him when he gets older! ha Yes I am confident that it will grow! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, it would be hard for that boy NOT to be cute! It is SO hard to get a little one to hold his head still...
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute that it doesn't matter.
ReplyDelete