We recently had a little family get away...well, sort of. My sister and parents rented a little (ok, huge and beautiful) cabin near the lake. Jonah and I drove out there in the evenings to crash their peaceful getaway! Actually, we were invited...Jonah was the guest of honor, you know! It was a really nice cabin with a wonderful view of the woods out back. Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures. Here is the best shot I can give you. Jonah is sitting on the back deck.
The view from the front...not so nice! Oh how I wish I'd taken a photo of the view from the front porch. It was a classic old-school trailer park! Complete with rusty siding and detachable porches! In fact, we had to drive through the trailer park to find the cabin tucked away at the end of the cul-de-sac! Anyway...back to Jonah...and more interesting facts. On the last day of the cabin adventure my family rented a boat. We invited my favorite friends under 4 ft tall and had a blast. Jonathan was adventuresome and took the girls up on some rocks where they jumped into the lake. (this made me a little nervous, but he was ever so safe)

Boy did we have FUN! Everyone but Jonah had fun. Jonah's love of the water stops at the bathtub! Poor little guy was swallowed up with safety gear. He looked like a life jacket with legs and a hat! Well, here, see for yourself!
When we stopped to swim and have our little picnic dinner, we unbundled him. He even sat in the driver's seat with Grandpa!
Boy did we have FUN! Everyone but Jonah had fun. Jonah's love of the water stops at the bathtub! Poor little guy was swallowed up with safety gear. He looked like a life jacket with legs and a hat! Well, here, see for yourself!
Apparently we brought this little guy along as the afternoon's entertainment! He kept us laughing. Ben can be kind of shy and timid...until he warms up to his environment! He warmed right up...in fact, he was downright HOT! He started imitating animals...oh it was FUNNY. The blue heron was everyone fave!
What a fun little family outing! It was so nice out that day. We had the perfect weather. Now, if only there was no cold water spraying in our faces as we sped through the lake and no life jacket to inhibit mobility...it would have been perfect.
Loved the post. Oh how I wish I had been there for her Heron immitation. I'm sure that was funny stuff!
ReplyDelete