Sing with me, guys....
Are you sleeping
are you sleeping,
Baby Jonah, Baby Jonah?
are you sleeping,
Baby Jonah, Baby Jonah?
The answer (for now) is YES. We have had a breakthrough. He seems to be sleeping through the night. He's done it 3 nights in a row! Whoo Hoo! I hope I'm not counting my chickens too soon. He did great 3 nights...then one night of awful, then another good night. We shall see where tonight leaves us.

Before the breakthrough I thought I might have a breakdown! I was miserable beyond explanation. I am not a person who requires much sleep, but by golly, this kid was running me ragged. He still does that in the day, but at least I can keep up with myself a tiny bit in my new fully-rested state of being. I feel like a whole new woman! Thank you, Jesus!
I had tried everything in the book to get this baby to sleep. I was tired of suggestions and even more tired of hearing about other stories of success. I couldn't help, at times, feeling like I was doing something wrong. But, ultimately, I knew it was just going to have to happen in Jonah's own time. Hopefully it has.
What did it for us?? Well, I really don't know. We had an awful, awful night earlier in the week. That was the night I had decided I was NOT getting up, no matter what. He'd have to comfort himself, he'd have to struggle through and go back to sleep. Well, I had another thing coming. Somewhere in the vicinity of 2:30 am he started to cry. I ignored it (as much as possible) for the better part of an hour, I think. Finally, he escalated too much...I had to quiet him. When I got in his room I was greeted with an unpleasant smell. He had a dirty diaper. Then, when I picked him up I was met with another unpleasant smell. He'd made himself sick from all that crying. Oh heavenly days, would it ever end? This moment made me feel pretty hopeless.
The next day he took a short am nap and a 5 hour afternoon nap. Then he slept all night. The next day he slept the day away, skipping a meal or two, which is way out of character for him. By George, he slept through that night too. These regal naps led to great sleeping. VICTORY! A well earned victory is very sweet, indeed! Let's just pray it keeps going.
Before the breakthrough I thought I might have a breakdown! I was miserable beyond explanation. I am not a person who requires much sleep, but by golly, this kid was running me ragged. He still does that in the day, but at least I can keep up with myself a tiny bit in my new fully-rested state of being. I feel like a whole new woman! Thank you, Jesus!
I had tried everything in the book to get this baby to sleep. I was tired of suggestions and even more tired of hearing about other stories of success. I couldn't help, at times, feeling like I was doing something wrong. But, ultimately, I knew it was just going to have to happen in Jonah's own time. Hopefully it has.
What did it for us?? Well, I really don't know. We had an awful, awful night earlier in the week. That was the night I had decided I was NOT getting up, no matter what. He'd have to comfort himself, he'd have to struggle through and go back to sleep. Well, I had another thing coming. Somewhere in the vicinity of 2:30 am he started to cry. I ignored it (as much as possible) for the better part of an hour, I think. Finally, he escalated too much...I had to quiet him. When I got in his room I was greeted with an unpleasant smell. He had a dirty diaper. Then, when I picked him up I was met with another unpleasant smell. He'd made himself sick from all that crying. Oh heavenly days, would it ever end? This moment made me feel pretty hopeless.
The next day he took a short am nap and a 5 hour afternoon nap. Then he slept all night. The next day he slept the day away, skipping a meal or two, which is way out of character for him. By George, he slept through that night too. These regal naps led to great sleeping. VICTORY! A well earned victory is very sweet, indeed! Let's just pray it keeps going.
The video was taken a few months ago during a naptime. If you have sound you can hear his breathing/snoring. Look at his cheeks! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteYou're a good mother and he's so sweet.
ReplyDeleteOh my word! I just want to snuggle that cute boy...and pinch his wittle cheeks :-)
ReplyDelete