Tuesday, August 3

Grandpa's 90th Birthday CELEBRATION!

Well, we had a party! What a party we had! We're still re-living the memorable moments! Somehow (and I remember the moment) I walked away with only half of the pictures. I'm gonna do my best to do it justice without them...maybe make this a two part series! I could wait for someone to email the other pictures to me, but I am too eager to get this post up. It's been over a week now...so down to business. (I guess Jonah is taking me seriously cause he is sitting near me in his exersaucer doing his "business" right now!)

I'll begin with the invitation! Isn't it great. My sister uses a friend of hers in Springfield who always does cute stuff. The theme of the party was Mack-of-all-trades. We did a tribute to all that my grandpa has done and who he has been through life.

And now for the Birthday Boy! He's even cuter than the invitation!



It just so happens that his actual birthday fell on Saturday! We didn't tell him to wear red...but it seems he matched all the decorations. I wish I had better pictures of all the table decor and the whole room. I think we did a pretty good job. I guess I really will have to compose a part 2.



















My very sweet and very talented cousin, Courtney, made a book for my grandpa. We all contributed memories and stories of him. She use pictures and graphics to make it very special. The book tells the story (albeit embellished at times) of his life. The cover is a slightly younger, but ever-so-handsome picture of my grandpa! Here is a close up!



I wish you could see it in person and turn the pages. It really is quite impressive. There is a two-page spread of all his (7) siblings. Two-pages each for each of his four children. We grand kids even got a full page each! Courtney did a great job! She used ancestry.com to fill in some family history. She also found a copy of my grandparents marriage license for the page about the two of them! So sweet.

Clearly this is scanned in. I'm not sure why the gray-scale license came out rainbow colored. I am no computer-techno whiz. You will just have to see the book in person to fully appreciate it.

CAKE! Oh there was cake! My aunt is a professional cake decorator, so when we need a cake we get a CAKE!


The pictures on the front of the cake are of all his great-grandchildren. He has 6 now (one of which was born the day after his birthday). She wrote all his "names" around the sides.





And here he is blowing out the candles! Isn't he cute!

















Now how about the entertainment....


We had a "surprise" visitor. It was a surprise to him. "Maybell" came in and said she was from a retirement home and was there to take applications. The requirements? You must bring your own teeth and underwear! She danced with him and things were almost PG-13 there for a minute. We laughed and laughed!

Oh yeah, Jonah was there too!

Someone let him play with a balloon. I do not condone this! But, since he was under careful supervision, I guess I'll forgive her. (and I can't be angry with my sweet momma)

Can you tell he is getting sleepy....very sleepy. Jonah was so well behaved for the party. He got tired, but did he throw a fit?? I submit that he did not! He just settled down and...

...fell asleep!
That baby makes me so proud! He is just the sweetest thing!

It was a great party. No one could find fault with it. (and if you did, I don't want to hear it!) We could not have pulled it off without lots of labor! Labors of love! Thanks to everyone who helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment