Saturday, January 21

Weekend Update: Sopapilla Cheesecake

It's been a while since I shared a recipe on this little blog. Today feels like a good day to do just that!

I have had this dessert two weekends in a row now, and I just love it! The main ingredients are crescent rolls and cream cheese...how can you go wrong?




Sopapilla Cheesecake

2 cans crescent rolls
2 pkgs. cream cheese (at room temp) 
(one recipe I read said 3 pkgs. I think that would be a bit much)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 C. melted butter
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
fruit for topping, also optional

Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Press one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Fill with cream cheese mixture. Top with the second can of rolls, then pour on the butter and cover with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350* for 45 min. Cool thoroughly before slicing. ENJOY!

I thought it was very tasty when it was fresh from the oven and still a little bit warm. 
The first time I ate it the friend who served it also served peaches on the side. Peaches that has soaked in a syrup overnight. (is your mouth watering??)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks DIVINE!!! And peaches on the side? Even BETTER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete