Friday, December 9

Five for Friday: Songs and Nonsense

Call them underplayed. Call them non-traditional. Call them whatever you like. Here is my list of songs that do not receive the same "on-air" time each Christmas season. Now, I'm not saying they should. I'm just saying they don't. 

This first one...well I don't know why, but I do kind of like it. I recently discovered this group...The Puppini Sisters...and they've done their own version, which I really like. 

 (and, no, they aren't really sisters)

Another of my favorites...I'd really like to hear it more (I think)...

really, how can you not like Shirley Temple


This isn't a song, but is about a song. 
I don't want to hear it on the radio, but it is good for a little laugh.

This is a spoof on how wrapped up people get in their shopping and "gifts."
I try to stay out of 'Tinsel Town' as much as possible, myself.
(the light show is fun to watch on this video...the only one I could find)


And, this one isn't truly a Christmas song. BUT it is in one of my favorite Christmas movies. So, I'm calling it non-traditional and adding it to my list. 


If you have a sister, you've probably sung the famous line before..."Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and Lord help the sister who comes between me and my man!" 

May that line stick with you through the rest of the day!
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment