Wednesday, September 21

Wasps...Lots of Wasps

What is it with the creatures around here? Remember the slug from last week? Maybe I am too easily bugged! 

Yesterday a neighbor came to the door. As we were talking I saw a couple of wasps (or some such winged stinging creature) flying over head. We ended the conversation quickly so they didn't fly into my house.

Later, when I walked out to the driveway I discovered a ton of them swarmed on the corner of the house. YIPES.


(sorry the photo isn't better quality...I was trying to keep my distance...and it was difficult to see what I was capturing due to the glare of sunshine)

When the handy husband came home I asked him to check it out and take care of it. 
He sprayed some deadly stuff on them and down the inside of that edging. (they were falling out the bottom of it too)

This is what we discovered this morning:


I don't know what kind they are exactly. But, I know they are dead now. There were probably 30-40 of them lying all over the driveway and sidewalk today. 

1 comment:

  1. 30-40? Uuuugh, that just gives me the shivvers. :-) Glad they are DEAD!

    ReplyDelete