Tuesday, August 16

Dr. Pepper, Baby!

We have stumbled upon a really fun opportunity in the Atkins' house!

I have entered Jonah into a Dr. Pepper Photo Contest via this little blog called i hate green beans. The author, Lincee Ray is so funny. I love the way she writes. 

Now, here's my confession: I discovered Lincee and her fabulous writing through watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette on ABC. I first watched the show with a bunch of friends the year after I graduated college. I don't remember who any of the people were on the show that year, but I sure do remember the friends I watched with! We had some fun times all crammed into a tiny apartment around a tiny tv!!

In more recent years I started watching again, with a different set of friends. We have an equally good time watching and talking about all the drama. Sometimes I find myself saying a little prayer for these people who are on national television. Not because I'm concerned for the outcome of the show, but because it makes me so sad that people have such a hole in them that they try to fill it  with (what I perceive as) fake love.

Anyway, it was this more recent viewing that led me to Lincee Ray. She has several facets to her blog. One of them is dedicated to recapping the show. Another of them is Dr. Pepper. She has worked out a deal with some wonderful people at the Dr. Pepper offices. They make a calendar and she features entries for the "Men of Dr. Pepper." Each month they choose a  new photo and the winner gets a YEAR's SUPPLY OF DR. PEPPER!!

So, I will notify you when voting happens...I will need some support.

And if we win we will have a Dr. Pepper party at our house!!

Whaddayathink? Is this the face of a winner?


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That is the cutest, funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a great idea! If he doesn't win those people are BLIND!

    ReplyDelete