You've already seen the bed, but I've done a couple of things to Jonah's Dr. Seuss Room. I tried my hand at some art. I have done a big (more permanent thing) and a smaller (more-in-my-comfort-zone) thing.
First, the Lorax Tree.
(well, technically it is a Truffula Tree, which is featured in the book called The Lorax)
How hard could it be??
It should just take the right materials, right?
Riiiight. Well, the trunk wasn't all that hard. I was very pleased with how it turned out.
I had a great idea of how to pull off the top part. And, I don't think I would change my plan, but I think it could be better executed.
I would love to see any examples other people have tried for the top of a Truffula Tree.
Here's mine:
I used a fluffy feather boa. I stitched it in place on a fabric form (for added depth and security) I think they could use another 2 boas each. They look a little small to me, in relation to the size of the trunk.
In this shot you can see my other "art."

very cute, amy!
ReplyDeleteOh my GOODNESS!!! That is just adorable!! I especially love the little handprints! What a happy room, for a happy little boy. :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun room for Jonah!!! We love Dr. Seuss around here, too. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with our kiddos rooms now that someone is going to have to share. This is good motivation for me to think about it more! :)
ReplyDelete