We recently completed a very busy weekend. I don't have the pictures to truly express how much we jammed into one weekend, but I'll share what I've got. I think you will like it!
First, Jonathan's parents came to visit. They arrived Thursday afternoon.
On Friday we had some surprisingly good weather and headed out to Silver Dollar City.
Our first stop was the Russian circus. Then we headed over to Geyser Gulch where he played in the ball pit and the geysers! The weather turned out much more sunny and warm that I'd anticipated, so the water felt nice. We didn't mind the wet pants at all.
Grandpa even helped him shoot some water at a target!
We walked around (a lot)...we saw a man who yodeled...we ate some food (and made a mess)...then we took Jonah to ride a ride, which was a first in his little life!
Jonathan went with him. Here they are in line for the froggy!
The frogs go up and down.
I thought he might get nervous, which he was a little through the ride, but by the end he was smiling.
Here we see the boys looking at the water-ball-sculpture-fountain thing. I know it is more significant than that, but I really don't know what it is or what it is representing, so there is my rough description. What I DO know is that Jonah was enthralled with it!
I also love the way we see all three generations of Atkins guys standing in this photo. It's a keeper!
I'm sure I left out some of the things we did. It was a busy and fulfilling time at our local amusement park. Here you can see how Jonah REALLY spent most of our time that day:
(in the line to ride the tram back to the car, where he promptly fell asleep)
{small pause for our drive home and a little nap}
Then, later that same afternoon:
Jonah and Grandma had fun with some bubbles!!
The poor kid tried to blow some of his own, bless his heart. He ended up with a soapy mix all over his face (and in his mouth...but that didn't stop him from trying again!)
And when he got bored with bubbles, he helped Harry find/retrieve the ball so they could play!
I was going to include our Easter festivities in this post as well, since it was a part of the weekend. However, this is quite long, so I think I'll do that one for tomorrow!
Such sweet pictures, sweet memories!!
ReplyDelete