Wednesday, December 29

Going to Grandma's House

Well, Jonah has had quite a lot of adventures this Christmas. He really enjoyed his gifts, as I showed you yesterday. He also got to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's all by himself. He is such a big boy...he didn't even know we were gone.

Jonathan went on a ski trip with K-Life this year, so I went down to stay at my parent's house while he was gone. They were both on vacation, so we lived it up. Then, on the 22nd I came home to Branson and left Jonah with Mom and Dad. It was a huge success all around. Jonah did great, my parents had so much fun with him, and Jonathan and I had a mini in-house vacation (we actually slept-in...something we haven't done since mid-October 2009)!! We got Christmas shopping done, went to dinner, went to Silver Dollar City...it was FABULOUS. We cleaned our house and it stayed that way. I sure love our boy, and I don't want to part with him on a regular basis, but I (we) fully enjoyed the mini vacation! Then, after the Christmas Eve service at our church, Jonathan and I went back down to my parents' house.

We were very anxious to get there...I wore water-proof mascara that day, just-in-case, you know!! Well, reuniting with our sweet boy was wonderful & a little lack-luster at the same time. Jonah was having such a good time with Grammy and Grandpa he didn't even notice we were there. We scooped him up for hugs, but he wanted to play. We gave him kisses and he looked at the tv. Then, once we'd all sat down at the table to eat, it was like a light bulb came on. He was eating dinner just fine, then all of a sudden he looked at me, started reaching for me, and tried to climb out of his highchair. I'm glad he is so well-adjusted. I love that lil' cutie!


This is a rocking chair that was mine when I was little. He would climb up into it and turn himself around to a seated position...what a smart little fella!


This rocking horse was made for me when I was little. I think I can remember getting it for Christmas one year. I love that my baby can have fun with it now. He lit up every time Mom would rock him on it! He was so good about staying in place when seated on the horse. There will come a day, I'm sure, when he tries to climb all over it or ride it while standing.


Look how cute! They had such fun together!!


Can you see the Wii controls in Jonah's lap? He would climb anywhere to try and get those. In this picture he had just climbed up into my mom's lap (he can use his charm) and searched the back of the couch...look at that victorious face! He was so proud of his accomplishment. 

Thanks, Grammy (and Grandpa), for a great week. We will do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment