Sunday, November 11

President Barack Obama



I know the small handful of people who might see this are curious as to what might follow that title. Well, it's another funny quote from our little guy. 

The other morning we had the t.v. on...probably watching LIVE With Kelly & Michael. I'm just going to give you the conversation verbatim. I'm terribly sorry I don't have a video so you can hear the inflection that went with it.

It began with the person on t.v. saying the name "Barack Obama."

Jonah (sounding confused): "Barack Obama???"
Me: "Yes, do you know who he is?"
Jonah (with disgust):"Barack Obama failed Missouri."

First, I laughed. A lot!! Second, I sat back to think how he could have come up with that. I did not recall even thinking such a thing  much less verbalizing it that way. I may not have voted for him, but I also don't badmouth him.  Especially in front of my kids. It wasn't until I relayed the story to a friend that I figured it out. She immediately recognized that as a line from the awful campaign adds that took over out televisions in recent months! Ha! Just goes to show how much kids pick up on. We don't even watch much t.v. 

1 comment: