For most of Jonah's toddler life he has been pretty good about sleeping in. For a long while his wake-up time was between 8 and 9am. On several occasions he'd even sleep till 10! There were days he'd wake around 7:30, but they were rare.
Recently (like since Elizabeth was born and we are up in the wee hours anyway) he has made 6am his new wake-up time. NOT COOL, kiddo. Not cool at all!
To every problem, there is a solution. Now, I don't know if this is our final solution, but I came up with a plan. We will test it tonight/in the morning.
A friend suggested that I teach him how to read his clock, and teach him to stay in his room until a certain time. Well, I don't trust him to stay in his room until the clock reads "7" just by teaching him to wait for the 7. I'm afraid he'd read 5:37 and think it was the right time to go find mom.
So....I made a "7" for his clock and all he has to do is wait for the number on the clock to match right above it.
We also rearranged his furniture. It is finally placed the way I'd envisioned since we moved him into that bedroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment