Well, today was the day we've been anticipating. My last day working as a nanny. None of us was very eager to build it up too much. It was fairly low-key, actually.
In the days leading up to the last day I let each kid have their day to pick what we did. It worked out perfectly and we had a pretty good mix of activities!
Molly was first, because she left us early to attend church camp. Her choice was to see a movie:
The movie was very cute. Jonah kept asking if we could watch it again at our house!
After the movie we went to Sonic for slushes!
Next was Madeline's pick.
We tried out a (relatively new in town) pizza place.
We were very pleased with it. If you live here and haven't tried it, you should!
Ben's choice was swimming.
At first I told him he might have to re-think that. I didn't know if I'd feel up to it in the blazing temps we'd been having. But, when the day actually rolled around it wasn't too bad. AND we got to see my sister (since she has a pool in her neighborhood). I prefer a good neighborhood pool to the public pool any day (even if I have to drive 30 extra minutes).
I took my camera with me today. But, as I mentioned before, we were all pretty melancholy today, and not really in the spirit of taking photographs.
I have had an incredible time being "miss amy" and I know that will always be a part of my identity...even if it is not my actual job title. I look forward to the role I play in their lives as they grow older. I want to be like a fun aunt or trusted confidant. I plan to make a point to be an active presence in their lives for as long as ....well, forever! Jonathan and I feel very blessed to know this dear family!

No comments:
Post a Comment