Yesterday I had a momentary (ok, honestly, it was more than just a "moment") freak-out. My freak-out was momentary temporary and rather unnecessary.
You see, Jonah got some really cute shoes for Christmas. They were a gift from...you guessed it...his Auntie Em!! I wanted to put them on him, but I COULD ONLY FIND ONE. Oh dear. I searched everywhere. And, with a sinking pit in my stomach I remembered cleaning out Jonah's room the day before. I'd filled an empty diaper box with trash and it had gone to the curb (& been picked up) that very morning.
See the lonely, mate-less shoe:
I was certain that Jonah had slipped the other shoe into that "trash" box when I wasn't looking. I was sick over the loss of that shoe. And I was reminded of this verse... "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break and steal." Matthew 6:21 So, I guess my lesson learned is to not get so worked up over "things." I'd like to say this is when I stopped to pray and ask for help in finding the shoe. However, I don't think I did.
Later in the day, something occurred to me. I'd found some socks in the tub when I'd last gone to run bath water. So, I checked the tub.
toys, but no shoe. OH wait, what's that?
do you see it? it took me more than one glance, but I FOUND THE SHOE! Praise the LORD...and I did. So, my second lesson for the day was leave the bathroom door shut!
No comments:
Post a Comment