Tuesday, November 30

Top Ten list for 13 months



Well, here we are at another "month-stone." I don't know if I am cool enough to coin a word, but I think that one is fitting. It's a milestone... he's a month older...."monthstone."  13 months. Wow, when did that happen? Ah, well, he's just going to keep at this growing business, so I'd better embrace it!  

This is a non-traditional Top Ten list. I am not counting them down. I'm doing good to get this typed, as Jonah is sitting with me.

13 months means:

*drool (this is not exclusive to 13 months....but it is STILL here) Most people use a bib to catch the drool and keep the child dry. I am considering a full sized bath towel at this point.

*runny nose. I think his runny nose goes along with teething...hence the drooling. "Dear Jonah, GET SOME more TEETH ALREADY!!"

*running fever. Jonah has been running a low grade fever off and on this week. Poor guy. Poor Mom. We need these teeth to come in NOW!
*taking steps. This is going to be the month he starts walking, I'm sure. He's gotten to the point of walking along side me while holding my hand. He takes a cautious step of his own every now and then. It's coming.

*shaking his head "no" (mostly when asked if he wants to go into the nursery) sometimes when he is doing something he knows he shouldn't

*taking a bow. This may be my favorite thing EVER. This is by far the cutest thing he's ever done. He did it the 1st time a week ago. If I can ever get him to do it on camera it will be a miracle.

*12 month shirts are getting too small.

*he likes music...the other day on the way to church he was patting his hands on his legs with the rhythm of the music on the radio.

*  m,    hkvfkfldhwl;b vm, vnkejo ui gt';r kle (he likesy to hElp mommy type)


And the final thing about 13 months.... 

*he has a new battle wound:


Can you see the bruise down the side of his face? Over our Thanksgiving vacation Jonah was sitting a little close to Harry. Harry was asleep. 
Jonah decided that was the best time to grab a handful of fur/skin. Harry did not agree, and reacted accordingly. Jonah screamed. Harry got a darn good spanking. 
Five minutes later, Jonah was laughing and trying to pet Harry again. Silly boy. Leave that dog ALONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment